When it comes to Mexican food in Manchester, there is no denying that there are several excellent restaurants to choose from. So, how does one go about finding the one that is sure to hit the spot? Here at Mi Jalisco, we know that it’s not only about providing our customers with the freshest ingredients, but also the best atmosphere! That said, we also know that sometimes life calls for a stay at home night. And, while we always love to see your smiling faces walk through the door, we wanted to share an easy recipe for those nights you just can’t make it in.
Easiest, Most Delicious Shredded Chicken Tacos
First, let us say that you can make tacos with whatever ingredients you prefer! From ground beef to fish, there is no right or wrong. However, for the sake of simplicity (and mouth watering deliciousness) we’re sharing this chicken-based recipe from our friends over at Delish. Easy to make and always a winner – even when you have to serve up dinner to the pickiest of eaters!
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large white onions, one peeled and halved, the other thinly sliced
- 4 freshly smashed and peeled garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- Kosher salt
- 4 small Roma tomatoes
- 2 to 3 chipotles in adobo, plus 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
This may look like a lot, but stick with us! This recipe takes a mere 15 minutes to prep and is ready to enjoy in less than one hour! Once you have all of your ingredients gathered, hop over to Delish for the full directions – we promise you won’t be disappointed! For added flair, slice up an avocado, radish, and lime wedges for the perfect garnish!
Let’s face it – serving up tacos is one of the best (and easiest) ways to get dinner going. From Taco Tuesday to busy nights on the run, tacos are the perfect solution, easily customizable and always satisfying. Here a few fun taco facts to share over dinner:
- The word taco comes from the Nahuatl word ‘tlahco’ which means “half or in the middle”, referring to the way it is formed.
- The first tacos date back to somewhere between 1000 and 500 B.C.
- It’s estimated that Americans eat around 4.5 billion tacos annually
- The record for the longest taco ever crafted holds at 246 feet!
Now that we have you craving tacos, be sure to visit Mi Jalisco for the best Mexican food in Manchester! From tacos to fajitas, we bring the freshest ingredients and the best atmosphere in the city! Remember, you can find us on Facebook for the most recent happenings and specials!
See you soon, friends!